Friday, August 21, 2009

Hello, Old Friends!

Ok, I'll admit, I slacked off again. But...I do have what I would consider to be a few VERY good reasons:

1) I was enjoying my last month of summer with my family
2) I was trying to get my classroom ready to go back to school
3) I went back to school August 5th (TOO EARLY!)
4) The studio choreography kept me extremely busy this summer
...and perhaps the best reason of all...
5) I WAS PLANNING A WEDDING!

Yep, it's true, I got engaged over the summer! Kevin and I are planning a June 5th wedding and I knew if I didn't get as much done as possible before I went back to work - it would never get done on time! I have my dress, I have the church, reception hall, photographer, florist, caterer, and DJ booked. I have chosen the bridal party attire, I have an idea for a cake, I have flowers picked out, I have a hair style in mind, invitations designed in my head - I'm pretty much set to go...and I've been engaged for just over a month.

Many people have told me I should just go into the business of event planning. Here's the secret though...I really don't like to make decisions, at least not big ones like this! My family kids that I have a small bit of O.C.D. in me and I'm beginning to think that might just be true. I'm not silly enough to believe that all of our guests will remember the small details of the day - but I WILL...and I want them to be perfect...or as close to it as I can get.

Over the next few months, I will be posting pictures and various details of the wedding planning process and am looking forward to seeing your comments or ideas!

In the meantime, enjoy this beautiful day and have a great weekend!

Much Love,
Katie :)

No comments: