Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful Thanksgiving

This week in honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to do a thankful theme.  Over the next few days I am going to be blogging about things and people I'm thankful for.  Up first, on of my favorites...

I'm thankful for this lady...
{yep...she's going to be THRILLED with this photo blast from the past.  This is her at 8 months pregnant at our cousin's wedding on New Year's Eve - doesn't she look like she loves her life??}

Anyway, she is and always has been my very best friend.  She is my little sister who is wiser than I could claim to be on most days.  She has a fiery tongue that gets her in trouble and a quick sense of humor that makes people love her instantly.  She is passionately in love with her job and gets to live her dream each day with 300 of our closest friends at the dance studio.  She is a remarkable mother who would do anything for her children and family.  Although we don't always see eye to eye - she is my biggest critic and cheerleader all at the same time.  There is just something that comes with being sisters that makes us inseparable even at our worst and we make a pretty amazing team when we work together. 

As a child, I couldn't get away from her - sharing a room, school, friends, dance, cheer, and everything in between - but as adults, I never feel like we have enough time together.  She makes me laugh until I'm crying and doubled over with a stomach ache. She single-handedly wrapped every single gift I gave my HUGE wedding party the night before my wedding.

(this is only half of them...)

In addition to all of this, she gave me these two love bugs

I cannot imagine my life without these two blessings.  They are my sunshine on many days when I've had enough and don't have the patience to go on.  I adore their giggles and never-ending hugs.  I love how they squeel when I walk in the room and hope they will always want to "'pend the night at Tante's".

So, on this first day of Thankful Thanksgiving - I'm thankful for my best friend, inspiration, mentor, motivator, and sister Kim.  You are an amazing woman who inspires everyone around you.  I love you.

1 comment: