Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reading Goal

So, as a teacher my students have nightly homework and one thing they are required to do every single night is read for 20-30 minutes.  I've decided I'm going to take up that assignment as well.  I'm going to carve out 20-30 minutes per night for some quality reading for fun.  Not reading a school book, not reading a blog, not working on grad school - reading for fun.  We'll see how this goes!

Over my spring break, I did a really great job of this!  And I noticed I was much more calm and nice to be around {lets just pretend this is solely because of the reading and forget about the fact that I wasn't working that week...}  In any event, in the past month I've read this little gem:


And this:

I loved every single second of both of them!  I couldn't put them down!  Heart of the Matter I started reading at the beginning of February on a weekend trip, and I finished it before I got home.  I LOVED IT.  Love the One You're With I read over Spring Break.  I really enjoy Emily Giffin as an author.  Her plot lines are great and she has a way of pulling her reader in with her words - I just felt like I was living in both of these books.  Highly recommended. 

My friend Jenny has quite the list of books she's read this year, which many of those are on my wish list as well!  What are you reading and loving?

2 comments:

Allison Reckman said...

I'm reading "Extremely Loud and Incrediably Close by Jonathan Safram Foer. It's different but really good! :)

dancemom said...

I love both of those as well, and I have the other two if you'd like to borrow them!!