Thursday, February 17, 2011

Disney, the flu, and catch-up

The title of this post has been my life for the past 2 weeks since I have updated this blog.  So, we're going to have a bullet list recap, to be followed later tonight or tomorrow by a picture update and an organizational project reveal.  Welcome back, friends!
On Thursday 2/3, I hopped on a plane headed to sunny Orlando, FL to cheer on my high school dance team as they competed in Nationals.
  • My 1st flight was delayed causing me to almost miss my connection in Atlanta.  {I ran from gate C37 to A1 in 18 minutes...}
  • I arrived in my hotel room at 1:00 AM - ugh, long day
  • Friday, we had breakfast with the characters and spent time in Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom - great time!
  • Saturday we competed in Pom, but didnt advance to semi-finals
  • Sunday we competed in Jazz and advanced to semi-finals!!  {one of our team goals for the past 2 years}
  • We competed in semi-finals and were 2 points from making finals - such an amazing time!
  • Monday the Magical Express picked me up at 2:30 AM to go to the airport - HORRIBLE
  • I flew home and was here for Kevin's birthday {stay tuned for a late birthday/Valentine's Day tribute to him this week}
  • On Monday night I started feeling very sick
  • Tuesday I tried to go to work but ended up feeling terrible and coming home before lunch
  • I was attached to my bed or couch until Friday night when I finally started feeling a little better
  • I had grad class all day Saturday
  • and have been catching up on work I missed last week ever since.
So, as you can see, I really haven't had a lot of time for blogging/picture taking/organizing - but I'm vowing to make it a priority starting right now.

Welcome back!  :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Emma gave her Daddy the Unofficial Guide To Disney for Christmas, and it is my dream to take the kids there this year. We've never been!!

Sounds like you've actually been doing more than your fair share of organizing. It's called time management. :-) It's hard to come off of a major trip, be sick, miss work, and play catch up all at once. Take care and get well!

I look forward to seeing all your photos, and congrats to the dance team on a job well done!

Brooke

ang11rock said...

Glad you are feeling better! What a week. Will look forward to your future posts :) After all, you're my inspiration to blog!