Monday, December 15, 2008

Let the Holidays Begin

Each year my parents host a wonderful get together during the busy Holiday season. It's a joyous time to spend with our family and friends...since we all live in the same city, but can never manage to get in the same room more than one or two times per year.

It has become tradition to exchange Christmas gifts with those we will not see on Christmas, and as the party has grown, so too has the gift exchange. My mom, in her true character, buys a gift for virtually each guest at the party and tries to find just the perfect thing for each person. This year, the women each got a beautiful Christmas ornament and the men each got a lottery ticket - a big hit! The kids also enjoy opening their gifts from good family friends of our's since they will not be with us at Christmas.

In addition to the gift-giving, my father always puts out a DELICIOUS spread of goodies ranging from ham to his famous garlic dip to the most scrumptious candies he can find. This year was a bit of a dissappointment for me, as I was battling my gallbladder and couldn't eat most of what was on this beautiful spread. I choose to look on the bright side, I saved myself quite a few calories! :)

My most favorite part of this get together is the opportunity to spend time with my dad's side of the family. My great aunt, aunts, and 2nd cousins who I don't get to spend much time with. They are side-splitting funny and I so enjoy my time to listen to their stories about our family's past or my grandparents. I pray that my children will someday come to cherish these times with our family too.

Here is the table downstairs at my parents house filled with our family laughing and talking

Here are some pictures of the kids opening their gifts

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish I could have heard the stories and sampled some of the yummies! :)