Monday, January 24, 2011

2011 Goals

A new year is always so daunting to me, and as a teacher I experience it twice - once in August and again in January.  A new school year is such a fresh start.  It always begins with wonderful plans and high aspirations to move mountains with my 27 darling children.  And then January rolls around (just around the same time as my school goals are falling off my radar left and right) and I have to do it all over again.  To be honest, I am a self-proclaimed list maker - but I am also really in need of work in follow through sometimes.

So, to add to the accountablitiy here are my goals for the year:

Health -
  • drink 60-80 ozs of water/day regularly
  • reduce my pop intake to one pop per day {I'm not quite ready to give it up...}
  • work out 3-5 times per week
  • run a half marathon {scheduled for September!}
  • lose 40 lbs
Wealth -
  • develop and stick to a household budget
  • create and maintain a 6 month emergency fund
  • reduce our household debt by 25%
  • do a living will and get other such paperwork organized and filed appropriately
Personal -
  • blog regularly
  • take 30 minutes per day for myself
  • read one "adult" book per month {I usually only read children's books during the school year}
  • develop and maintain a household cleaning schedule
  • get a library card for the city I live in {completed 1/21/11}
Home -
  • paint our bedroom
  • file all bills/statements/documents
  • paint our living room
  • organize coat closet
  • re-organize laundry system
  • paint porch
  • re-do bathroom
  • build out new bedroom in basement
This is not even 1/2 of the items I need to do in our home, but I figured I'd spare you the rest of the details.  And to be honest, I really need to get back to my new favorite blog and I'm dying to watch my Oprah from today.  {in addition, I need to shower and do a little work for my little side Scentsy business...it will most likely be a late night, but such is the life when my priorities are blogging and then work} 

And can I get a "YEAH KATIE" for blogging two days in a row?!

1 comment:

ang11rock said...

a half marathon?!! do you realize how far that is? gasp! good for you!