Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Koozies, tape, and mouse traps, oh my...

Someone please tell me the junk drawer in our home is not the only one with such a random assortment of junk?! 
There are approximately 8 koozies, 5 grilling utensils, 4 boxes of mouse traps {hubs is continually telling me mice are normal in old houses - but they creep me out, so he is continually trying to deal with the nasty little rodents}, tape, screw drivers, rubberbands, pens, pencils, flashlights, scissors...I mean seriously, this is simply ridiculous.

It has become a joke in our home that I live with "shove-ers". 

The definition of this word is this: people who determine that "cleaning up" equals putting things out of sight, whether that's actually where the item lives or should live is of no consequence. 

It.makes.me.batty!  I cannot stand it.  But I am learning and becoming less rigid. 

So, last night when I announced to hubs that I was participating in this 21 Day Challenge, he simply took a deep breath and rolled his eyes at me.  He loves when I get these little ideas...and by loves, I mean hates.

Now for the big reveal - here is what 10 minutes did to this little drawer:

{notice the grilling utensils have been moved, no more koozies, and the extension cord has found a new home.  Everything has a home and there is still room left in the drawer - causing no need to press things down prior to shutting the door and slamming my fingers in the process.  Also, take note the mouse traps have found a new home - I can't see a reason for them to be mingling with my office supplies.}

10 minutes on a Wednesday night has made this wife a very happy lady.  Hubs is still sitting on the couch rolling his eyes at me.  Say what you will, but a happy wife makes for a happy life for everyone in the Rokusek residence. 

{probably won't make it for day 2 tomorrow because I'm busy all day and the computer desk belonged to hubs prior to my take over, so that will certainly require longer than I have in my day tomorrow...we'll see how I feel though - I'm movin' mountains this week people!}

One more time before & after!
Before:
After:

1 comment:

Tia said...

I confess. I am a shover. Always have been. So are my kids. *gulp* Thats why we joined Toni's challenge, hoping to change this. Good job on the organizing. :)