Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 2

First of all, let me say I had ZERO time on Thursday to complete this task and to be honest I completely avoided this task yesterday...

But I was so excited to know I had some new followers and have been getting more and more comments on my blog reminding me that there actually are other people reading here - I knew I couldn't let people down, so after being in grad classes today from 8-4, I came right home and got to work on organizing the computer desk.

Ok, so our desk area is located right in our dining room and the real problem here is two fold: A) it belonged to Hubs before I met him and was his home office when I moved into this house {his home office has since been moved to the basement} and B) there are doors on it which allow the disaster to be hidden.  To be honest - it doesn't look too bad at first glance.  But let's take a closer look at the situation:

Yep - that's right friends...this is approximately 5 years of shoving.  Let's take a quick pause in this post to mention that Hubs does A.L.O.T. around this house: laundry, dishes, garbage, mouse killing...you get the picture, but organization, well that's not really his strong point.  So, while I love him to the moon and back - we need to stick to our roles in order for our home to function.  {it just so happens that he wasn't home for this overhaul!}

Behold, the organization:

No more shoving - although there is a little left to be done.  That drawer you see above, it still has lots of things in it that I'm not sure what to do with.  Ultimately I'd like to put hanging files in there {imagine that...a file drawer used for...FILES?!}, but for now I'm happy with the progress.

And as a side note, that pretty green binder in the above picture is the binder for Week 1 of the Weekly Challenge - I can't wait! 

Hope you're all having a blessed weekend!

No comments: